The Touch X haptic device provides precision force feedback and allows you to freely sculpt 3D clay, enhance scientific or medical simulations, increase productivity with interactive training, and easily maneuver mechanical components to produce higher quality designs.
The award-winning Touch X (formerly Sensable Phantom Desktop) pushes haptic capabilities to the next level, providing more precise positioning input and high-fidelity force-feedback output. For 3D modeling and design, surgical training, virtual assembly and other procedures that require a higher degree of precision, Touch X is an easy-to-use, affordable option.
The Touch X haptic devices allow users to feel 3D on-screen objects by applying force feedback on the user’s hand, and the Touch X delivers expanded true-to-life sensations with a more fluid feel and lower friction. Its durability, affordability, and accuracy make the Touch X haptic device ideal for commercial, medical and research applications, especially when compactness and portability matter.
Leading OEMs choose the Touch X and integrate it into their products, as it’s valuable in a number of interactive virtual environments, like surgical simulators and machine component visualization.
Geomagic® Touch™ Features
Portable design and compact footprint
Compact force feedback workspace
6-degree-of-freedom positional sensing
3-degree-of-freedom force feedback
Comfortable molded-rubber stylus
Automatic workspace calibration
Two integrated momentary stylus switches
Supports OpenHaptics toolkit with QuickHaptics micro API
Constructed of metal components and injection-molded carbon fiber reinforced plastics
The award-winning Geomagic Touch X (formerly Sensable Phantom Desktop) haptic device provides an affordable desktop solution and is ideal for customers who are performing certain types of haptic research. The Touch X provides precision positioning input and high fidelity force-feedback output. Portable design, compact footprint, and simple port interface ensure quick installation and ease-of-use.
See the Technical Specifications below
- Force Feedback Workspace
- Footprint (Physical area device base occupies on desk)
- Weight (Device Only)
- Range of Motion
- Nominal Position Resolution
- Backdrive Friction
- Maximum Exertable Force at Nominal (Orthogonal Arms) Position
- Continuous Exertable Force (24 hrs)
- Inertia (Apparent Mass At Tip)
- Force Feedback
- Position Sensing [Stylus Gimbal]
- Supported Platforms
- OpenHaptics® Toolkit Compatibility
- ~6.4 W x 4.8 H x 4.8 D in > 160 W x 120 H x 120 D mm
- 5 5/8 W x 7 1/4 D in ~143 W x 184 D mm
- 6 lbs 5 oz
- Hand movement pivoting at wrist
- > 1100 dpi ~ 0.023 mm
- 1.8 lbf (7.9 N)0.4 lbf (1.75 N)X axis > 10.8 lbs / in (1.86 N / mm) - Y axis > 13.6 lbs / in (2.35 N / mm) - Z axis > 8.6 lbs / in (1.48 N / mm)~0.101 lbm (45 g)x, y, zx, y, z (digital encoders) [Pitch, roll, yaw (± 3% linearity potentiometers)RJ45 compliant on-board Ethernet Port or USB PortIntel or AMD-based PCsYesSelected Types of Haptic Research, FreeForm®Modeling™ system, Geomagic Sculpt system
About 3D Systems
3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D content-to-print solutions including 3D printers, print materials and on-demand custom parts services for professionals and consumers alike. The company also provides CAD, reverse engineering and inspection software tools and consumer 3D printers, apps and services. Its expertly integrated solutions replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce real parts, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
WB Engineering has partnered with fiscally sound and community focused leasing and financing company. We can help you get the 3D printers your business needs! Get approved for financing with an easy online application. Click Here for more information.