The Touch haptic device provides force feedback and allows you to freely sculpt 3D clay, enhance scientific or medical simulations, increase productivity with interactive training, and easily maneuver mechanical components to produce higher quality designs.
The Touch™ Haptic Device
The Touch (formerly Sensable Phantom Omni) is a mid-range professional haptic device (slotting in between the less expensive 3D Systems Touch and the more premium Touch X). Used in research, 3D modeling, OEM applications and more, Touch allows users to freely sculpt 3D clay, enhance scientific or medical simulations, increase productivity with interactive training, and easily maneuver mechanical components to produce higher quality designs.
Touch is a motorized device that applies force feedback on the user’s hand, allowing them to feel virtual objects and producing true-to-life touch sensations as the user manipulates on-screen 3D objects. Leading companies integrate the Touch and haptics into their work to achieve compelling solutions using the realistic sense of touch.
Touch can be used in diverse applications, including: simulation, training, skills assessment, rehearsal, virtual assembly, robotic control, collision detection, machine interface design, rehabilitation, mapping and dozens of other applications.
When used with our OpenHaptics toolkit, Touch allows developers to rapidly design and deploy haptic programs, do mash-ups into existing applications, try out new ideas, and create haptically enabled products. Touch is also sold as a component of Geomagic Freeform and Geomagic Sculpt.
- Portable design and compact footprint
- Compact force feedback workspace
- 6-degree-of-freedom positional sensing
- 3-degree-of-freedom force feedback
- RJ45 compliant on-board Ethernet Port or USB Port
- Comfortable molded-rubber stylus with textured paint
- Removable Stylus
- Two integrated momentary stylus switches
- Stylus-docking inkwell
- Ergonomic design
- Supports OpenHaptics toolkit with QuickHaptics micro API
- Made of metal components and injection-molded plastics
- CE certified
The Touch™ (formerly known as Sensable Phantom Omni) product line of haptic devices makes it possible for users to touch and manipulate virtual objects. The Touch model is the most cost-effective haptic device available today. Portable design, compact footprint, and RJ45 compliant on-board Ethernet Port or USB Port interface ensure quick installation and ease of use.
See the Technical Specifications below.
- Force Feedback Workspace
- Footprint (Physical area device base occupies on desk)
- Weight (Device Only)
- Range of Motion
- Nominal Position Resolution
- Backdrive Friction
- Maximum Exertable Force at Nominal (Orthogonal Arms) Position
- Continuous Exertable Force (24 hrs)
- Inertia (Apparent Mass At Tip)
- Force Feedback
- Position Sensing [Stylus Gimbal]
- Supported Platforms
- OpenHaptics® Toolkit Compatibility
- ~6.4 W x 4.8 H x 2.8 D in > 160 W x 120 H x 70 D mm
- 6 5/8 W x 8 D in ~168 W x 203 D mm
- 3 lbs 15 oz
- Hand movement pivoting at wrist
- > 450 dpi ~ 0.055 mm
- 0.75 lbf (3.3 N)0.2 lbf (0.88 N)X axis > 7.3 lbs / in (1.26 N / mm) - Y axis > 13.4 lbs / in (2.31 N / mm) - Z axis > 5.9 lbs / in (1.02 N / mm)~0.101 lbm (45 g)x, y, zx, y, z (digital encoders) [Pitch, roll, yaw (± 5% linearity potentiometers)RJ45 compliant on-board Ethernet Port or USB PortIntel or AMD-based PCsYesSelected Types of Haptic Research, FreeForm®Modeling™ system, Geomagic Sculpt system
About 3D Systems
3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D content-to-print solutions including 3D printers, print materials and on-demand custom parts services for professionals and consumers alike. The company also provides CAD, reverse engineering and inspection software tools and consumer 3D printers, apps and services. Its expertly integrated solutions replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce real parts, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
WB Engineering has partnered with fiscally sound and community focused leasing and financing company. We can help you get the 3D printers your business needs! Get approved for financing with an easy online application. Click Here for more information.