A process-optimized material for the production of sacrificial tooling for casting silicone and other materials.
Rigid Plastic to Create Sacrificial Tooling that Withstands Silicone Injection at High Temperature and Pressure, but Breaks away Easily
- For casting silicone parts in any durometer
- Customized end-use and low volume production parts of silicone material
- High quality prototypes quickly produced
- Fine feature detail and digital textures applied to the sacrificial tooling for textured silicone parts
- Digital tooling for complex geometries
- End product can be cast with many silicones
- Material translucency allows for visualization during injection
- High HDT, high tensile modulus and low elongation at break
- Translucent, amber color
- Withstands silicone injection at high temperature and pressure, but intentionally brittle to break away easily
What’s New with Figure 4?
Figure 4 includes over 30 materials with a broad range of characteristics for your needs. Watch these videos to learn more about the latest materials.
Printers compatible with this material:
Key Mechanical Properties
Elongation at break: 5%
Tensile modulus: 2765 MPa
Impact strength (notched Izod): 15 J/m
Heat Deflection Temperature @ 0.455 MPa: 89°
You can find the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for this 3D Printer Material below:
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)